The 2014 Ontario Regional Contact Jam
Jam régional de danse contact
improvisation de l'Ontario 2014
Bodywork & Healing Circle members
Aleks Meuse Rmt
Home > Bodywork and Healing Arts
Bodywork and Healing Arts
Massage, Shiatsu, Chiropractic,... All offers are done on a "community service", friendly exchange/offer basis (for the love of it) and free of charge unless specifically stipulated! Any donations can be used to cover supervision costs or be given to the choosen local charity.
- Aleks Meuse RMT The condition of the body is fundamental to your overall health and wellness. The body is an expression of Nature's grace, your home, a medium for life deserving of care that is rooted in wisdom and compassion. Massage Therapy is where my love of movement, meditation, and health, come together. Body, mind and spirit. My treatments are a integration of modern science and ancient tradition, adapted to your unique needs. I work with all layers, especially the nervous system and connective tissue, using a of synergy techniques, including: breath work, craniosacral, joint and fascial release, general swedish, deep tissue, trigger point, stretching, acupressure, meridian and chi therapy. To help you release excessive tension and restrictions, and come back into balanced alignment. Emphasizing your empowerment through embodied understanding I facilitate preventative healthcare management. Coming together to inspire a return to your inherent natural state of health through physical harmony. ameusehands.com For Further Information Please Call Me At 647 453 2333 Ritacco Chiropractic
- Pierre Mathieu ,
Msc, RMT(qc), ND
Pierre Mathieu is a BC trained Massage therapist since 1984, a Biomechanics and movement specialist. He has worked extensively with dancers and world class athletes he will coordinate the Bodywork and Healing Space, Supervise the Medix Students and may offer Deep tissue or Sports Massage, PMF , at different times during the week-end.
"Humans are meant to move , rehabilitating human movement at the cellular, organic, systemic, mental, subtle/global and poetic levels is the royal way to finding happyness and vibrant life."
- Harold Tausch, Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner
Harold Tausch graduated from the New York Feldenkrais Professional Training Program in 1991. He maintains private practices in Toronto and Sault Ste. Marie. He has taught workshops and classes throughout Ontario and the eastern United States. In his hands-on work, Harold enjoys teaching people, whatever their level of ability or disability, to move with greater ease and comfort. In addition to Feldenkrais, Harold has extensive experience with various movement related disciplines including modern dance, yoga, theatre, and contact improvisation. Feldenkrais Functional Integration treatment consists of gentle hands-on manipulation designed to: increase your flexibility, improve your posture, reduce aches and pains, lubricate your joints.
- Teruma Ikeda Teruma embarked on a path of life-long learning at age three with his maternal grandmother, a native practitioner of traditional Japanese healing arts. Teruma's work includes Zen Shiatsu therapy, Pranic Healing, Vibrational Medicine and Shamanic practices. His intention is to create meaningful treatment experiences which are as much therapy as personal sacred ceremony. www.teruma.ca 416 822 5098
- Leon Mac Caring hands from Vancouver, providing accupressure & on-chair Massage email@example.com http://facebook.com/leonmac007
- David Shyu - being still and gain awareness of what meridians are unbalanced to be harmonized is half of the treatment as patient affirms the change to take place before the acupuncture needle unlocks the gate to allow the flow of qi to restore his/her mental/physical state. Thank for allowing me to share my gift over the past 10 years in the contact community. Time offering: 9 hours total, scheduled in the morning.www.Tcmheals.learntaichi.ca 4162727829.
- Igor Shteynberg - Feldenkrais Functional Integration Lessons. Through gentle movement exercises, the Feldenkrais method can help you to become more aware of your body in movement, discover and seamlessly adopt new and improved ways of moving and relating to yourself. Since most of the learning is unconscious and does not require copying and repetition, Feldenkrais lessons are a great way to learn for Contact Improv dancers. I enjoy very much sharing benefits of my practice with fellow Contact Improv dancers – it's very inspiring to work with like-minded people and I look forward to learning together. Feldenkrais Functional Integration lesson can be compared to small dance that is done together by student and practitioner with the purpose of exploring and allowing new ways of moving to emerge. Lesson is gentle and at the end student feel refreshed and more aware of their movement. Balance, coordination and sense of movement possibilities are improved. Igor Shteynberg has been involved with The Feldenkrais Method for more than five years and has worked with clients ranging from children to professional dancers and musicians. He has also been extensively involved in Aikido, Russian martial art and Contact Improv for over a decade. Igor will be available at the jam on Saturday 12-2pm and 7-9pm; Sunday 7-9pm; and Monday 12-2pm. http://www.thefmethod.com/teacher/
- Caroline Joyal - Caroline's specialty is in Thaï Massage and Deep Tissue Massage. Her studies has taken her to experience and practice a wide range of modalities based on an energetic level and philosophy of treatment. She believes in the concept of the synchronicity involved in everyone's healing process. She loves working with the elements of fluidity, texture, rhythm and symmetry to co-create a tailored harmonious massage with her clients. Caroline who is also an RMT will be offering you your customized relaxing, deep tissue or thaï massage on an open schedule. You can reach her firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-570-7715.
- Beth Charette - I began my journey into the healing arts 30 years ago at Lewiston NY's Art Park when I was introduced to the gentle effective power of Reiki. I had eaten something that left me feeling quite ill. One of the artists performed Reiki on my stomach and to my skeptical surprise the pain subsided and then disappeared. Over the years I learned more about this healing art and eventually found the right teacher to mentor me to the Master level. I had the added good fortune to find a Reiki master that is also a certified aromatologist who passed on to me her extensive knowledge of the therapeutic value of essential oils. I consider myself the facilitator in my clients OWN healing. I am not the healer, they heal themselves. I aid each persons healing journey through Reiki, essential oils and active listening. My healing practice is based on listening for each clients needs and goal. At the Ontario Regional Contact Dance Jam I will be offering the following services: -15 min hand massage -15 min foot massage Sunday 12 - 2 6pm - 7:30. 15 minute sessions each. A sign up sheet will be available Sunday morning! To prebook a time please contact me at email@example.com
If you are interested in participating as a caregiver or healing circle volunteer (to organize the space and exchange rotations) or if you can provide massage table, chair or futon, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Pi-Air (pierre) 1-877-969-8907.
If you know of healers that may enjoy this experience or of students in massage therapy, consider sharing this info to allow them access to many able bodies. Have them call or send us an email with the following info : Name, technique/service, time/day you are willing to contribute to the event, your mini bio, website, contact info and we will post it here on the Bodywork and Healing Arts page.