The 2013 Ontario Regional Contact Jam
Jam régional de danse contact
improvisation de l'Ontario 2013
Bodywork & Healing Circle members
Lorna Renooy RMT
Lynette Segal, RMT
Shiatsu - Qi Gong
Aleks Meuse Rmt
Caroline Joyal sMT
Limited space left! To inquire about partial attendance, contact email@example.com If either your parent or your child paid, you are welcome to participate for free.
$50 before March 1st $65 before April 15
- $80 after April 15, 2013
Email firstname.lastname@example.org (Charlie) if money is a problem.
Event on Facebook
Join our Facebook event page for updates and gossip.
BodyWork and Healing arts
Massage, Shiatsu, Chiropractic,... All offers are done on a
"community service", friendly exchange/offer basis (for
the love of it) and free of charge unless specifically stipulated!
Any donations can be used to cover supervision costs or be given to the choosen local charity.
- Lorna Renooy,
With every massage, Lorna aims to support her client's health and well-being by integrating a sensitive, caring approach with clinical assessment and treatment.
During the Sunday jam (May 5), Lorna is offering: Table Massage: Looking for relaxation or relief from chronic pain or injury? Lorna uses a variety of techniques including Swedish massage, Trigger point therapy and Deep tissue massage, in order to tailor your massage to meet your needs. Treatments up to 30 minutes are available. Chair Massage: Wanting to relax muscle tension and just plain feel good? A 15 minute session will relax and re-energize you. During a session, you are seated fully clothed in a special chair which supports your body . 226.500.1077 email@example.com www.lornarenooy.com
- Pierre Mathieu ,
Msc, RMT(qc), ND
Pierre Mathieu is a BC trained Massage therapist since 1984, a Biomechanics and movement specialist. He has worked extensively with dancers and world class athletes he will coordinate the Bodywork and Healing Space, Supervise the Medix Students and may offer Deep tissue or Sports Massage, PMF , at different times during the week-end.
"Humans are meant to move , rehabilitating human movement at the cellular, organic, systemic, mental, subtle/global and poetic levels is the royal way to finding happyness and vibrant life."
- Lynette Segal RMT Since graduating as an Honours student from Kikkawa College, Lynette has maintained a dedicated and extremely satisfying clinical practise as a massage therapist. With experience in a variety of settings including multi-disciplinary clinics, home-office and house-call/on-site, she merges many massage modalities with a keen and deeply rooted regard for Somatic Movement Therapies such as Alexander Technique, Mitzvah technique, Feldenkrais, Pilates and BodyMindCentering. Maintaining a career as a professional dance artist and educator working primarily with improvisation for over 20 years, she bridges her skills and enriches her life and work by observing, listening, facilitating and responding.She will Supervise the Medix School senior massage students to ensure optimal benefits to participants. http://www.lynettesegal.com 519-780-1342
- Milagros Paredes is a professional SHIATSU
therapyst trained in Canada but living in Michigan and will
offer sessions during the Weekend.
"Throughout my life, I've sought healing through natural, holistic modalities. They have proved to be effective and truly healing, addressing the problem at the root, and not simply a limited approach of "managing" the symptoms. Shiatsu, acupuncture, herbal medicine, homeopathy, psychotherapy, authentic movement, contact improvisation, meditation and Integral Coaching are the principal modalities/ practices I engage with for my own healing and development. My practice of shiatsu is informed by all of these elements such that I have a cognitive perspective that is broad and complex and a kinesthetic sensitivity that is keen and accurate."
139 East Summit Street . Chelsea, MI 734-224-2227 http://www.shiatsumilagrosa.com/
- Robin Grant - Shiatsu (Schedule to be confirmed) http://whyshiatsu.com/
- Judy Adler is a dancing soul and a Chiropractor with 25 years experience treating a wide range of neuromusculoskeletal disorders including joints pain, headaches, repetitive strain injuries, sport injuries and motor vehicle injuries. A blend of manual techniques ranging from deep tissue myofascial release in combination with spinal and extremity mobilization and manipulation and kenisiotaping are used to restore mobility and function. Drawing from the Feldenkrais Method yoga and dance, posture and movement education is key in injury and pain prevention. http://lakeviewinnretreat.com 4166531261
- Caroline Joyal, Student MT (Schedule to be confirmed) Caroline Joyal is the Creator of Lhamo Studio to be, Caroline is graduating in massage therapy this coming June. Her journey took her to explore different fields such as physical rehabilitation, intervention school worker, psychology and home caregiver which were all inspired to simply help others. 4-5 30-45 sessions Saturday and Sunday
- Michel Palmer Effective, joyful, caring heart & hands coming all the way from Nova Scotia!!!
- Teruma Ikeda Teruma embarked on a path of life-long learning at age three with his maternal grandmother, a native practitioner of traditional Japanese healing arts. Teruma's work includes Zen Shiatsu therapy, Pranic Healing, Vibrational Medicine and Shamanic practices. His intention is to create meaningful treatment experiences which are as much therapy as personal sacred ceremony. www.teruma.ca 416 822 5098
- Aleks Meuse RMT The condition of the body is fundamental to your overall health and wellness. The body is an expression of Nature's grace, your home, a medium for life deserving of care that is rooted in wisdom and compassion. Massage Therapy is where my love of movement, meditation, and health, come together. Body, mind and spirit. My treatments are a integration of modern science and ancient tradition, adapted to your unique needs. I work with all layers, especially the nervous system and connective tissue, using a of synergy techniques, including: breath work, craniosacral, joint and fascial release, general swedish, deep tissue, trigger point, stretching, acupressure, meridian and chi therapy. To help you release excessive tension and restrictions, and come back into balanced alignment. Emphasizing your empowerment through embodied understanding I facilitate preventative healthcare management. Coming together to inspire a return to your inherent natural state of health through physical harmony. ameusehands.com For Further Information Please Call Me At 647 453 2333 Ritacco Chiropractic
- Leon Mac Caring hands from Vancouver, providing accupressure, on-chair Massage, Friday Evening from 7-9pm and perhaps other times throughout the weekend firstname.lastname@example.org http://facebook.com/leonmac007
As a community outreach, students from the MEDIX SCHOOL of Massage (Supervised by an RMT- Instructor) -will provide treatments on Saturday May 4th
We are glad to welcome Laurie Irvine, Eric Vanderheide, Cortney Young into the ORCJ...
The students who are attending are very skilled at the application of onsite treatments as they have training with therapists who work with Olympic caliber athletes, and the athletes themselves, in this modality of treatment. I have the utmost confidence that your recipients will be treated with the same level of skill and respect afforded to the athletes that represent our country.
- Laurie Irvine,
***If you are interested in participating as a caregiver or healing
circle volunteer (to organize the space and exchange rotations) or
if you can provide massage table, chair or futon,
please email email@example.com or call Pi-Air (pierre) 1-877-969-8907 If you know of healers that may enjoy this experience or of students in massage therapy consider sharing this info to allow them access to many able bodies...
with the following info : Name, technique/service, time/day you are willing to contribute to the event, your mini bio, website & contact info and we will post it on the Bodywork and Healing page
FIRST AID AND MEDICAL LIAISON...
Olivia Proudfoot and her colleagues (Andrew Seiler,Bill
Sutherland, Eileen Scully, Aleks Meuse, Isabelle Laplante, & Jen
Green) Will ensure on-site First Aid and medical liaison
You may find a first-aid kit and First-aid respondent either at the sign-up/registration area or in the main dance hall.